Ultimate Tote Bag 19Mar12
Do you guys every have those days when you leave your house at 7 in the morning and don’t get back home until well after 11 at night? This very rarely occurs in my world. I generally allow myself time, and create a schedule in which I can check back in at home, maybe change my outfit from daytime to evening, sit down to check my email, or do whatever it is I need to do at home. The other Saturday, the opportunity to go home simply did not happen.
I had a million errands to run during the day, and an event (luckily it was a casual event, not fancy) to go to in the evening. Fortunately, none of this was a surprise, and I knew in advance that there would be no time in between running errands and going out to stop at home for a break in between. Let me tell you the few things I learned:
1. It is very difficult to come up with an outfit casual and comfortable for the day that can also be worn to a party at night
2. Even though you charge your cell phone the night before, you still should have an extra charger with you just in case your phone starts to die
3. Bring snacks in case your dinner plans get shifted to no dinner or late dinner
4. Flip flops are okay to wear to any event
5. No matter how heavy it might get, bring a tote bag to carry your regular wallet, cell phone, keys, lip gloss, and chap stick; but also bring with you a small brush, a light jacket or cardigan in case it gets cold, touch-up makeup, and a small brush in the tote bag
I have to tell you that I did all of these things since I did think ahead to my busy day, and I am not sad for one minute that I planned for the full day 100%. I guess no one really thought anything of me having a larger tote bag instead of a purse because no one asked me why I was carrying such a large bag or even asked me what was in it. It seems I may not necessarily be the only one who has had to plan for such long days. I will say though, while I was able to do it, I would still much rather have a chance to go home to break up the day.